June 07, 2010

Saving money..

Is not very much fun. There. I said it! I want to save money, I also want to go back to being a teenager and blow all my money like it's going out of style.
Ahh. The joys of being an adult.
Rob and I sat down last night and figured out a budget that I think we can both live with.
I need some major dental work, and if we stick to our budget we should be able to put 400+ per month towards my teeth. We make appx 1800 monthly, and our bills are only 950.
I looked at this, and we have about 900 free per month, but where is it going? It's unaccounted for and being blown on things we do NOT need. So we're budgeting, and going to start living more frugal, doing it "old school" style like my momma did. ;)

In 2012, Rob and I have been married for 5 years, and thats when we want to our "wedding"/vow renewal. I never had a wedding, and I refuse to live and regret that. So we're going to do it, but one of the stipulation is that I get all my dental work out of the way first. Financially thats makes sense, and I want to feel pretty on my wedding day.

Anyway, a simple google search turns up hundred of frugal tips, and easy ways to save. I'll be posting some I find helpful along the way.

It's a little bit exciting knowing that with our budget and savings plan I'll be getting my teeth fixed, and saving money for our future. Plus, anything involving money, home inmprovement and shopping gets me all warm and fuzzy.


P.S My bestie got married this weekend! She's now OFFICIALLY off the market boys! Congrats to the new couple- Paul & Misti Sikes (how cool is that?) I'm sorry I wasn't there Blu, you know I would've been if I could, I was there in my heart though. (The one in my chest, not the one on my arm) <3

2 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan. Maybe I will attempt something like this once we get settled in TX.

Aimee said...

Oh honey, I have so been there. Good for you guys for sitting down and making a budget. You've already got a leg up on most young military couples! Believe me when I say that the paycheck DOES get better and the discipline you practice now WILL pay off!

Blog Archive