I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.I am going to clean this house today. I am going to clean this house today.
If I say it enough, perhaps it will get done. I have gotten so behind. I'm not even sure why and it's making me crazy. Things so far are promising, I have gotten up, dressed, make-up on, Toots is already at school, breakfast is done and Bugger is playing in the playroom. So far, so good. I have 9 days to get this place cleaned up and then I have to start getting ready for company. The in-laws are coming. Time to be the peforming monkey in heels. Ha.
I've decided to start making my own homemade cleaner. It's better for the environment, better for Toots & Bug, and it also means, more moolah in my pocket.
Recipe as follows:
All-Purpose Cleaner
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp Borax
Hot water
a few drops of a mild dish detergent
10 drops of essential oil, optional
In a 16 spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Swish around until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Add the essential oil if desired.
This is just your very basic household cleaner. There are tons of cleaners you can make at home for cheap. Varying from window cleaner to brass cleaner to floor cleaner. Google is your friend.
Or I really like these books (lots of recipes and nifty money saving tricks)

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Household-Formulas-Money-Saving/dp/B000K9T7CI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274190990&sr=1-8
And this one too.

http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Green-Housekeeping-Christina-Strutt/dp/1906094489/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274191088&sr=1-1
It's 10 o'clock, time to get this booty movin'.
2 comments:
I've got to try your homemade detergent. I am always looking for the perfect cleaner. And I hear you on the "I am going to clean the house today" LOL
Once I finished cleaning I can start all over again... because of the dogs... sigh...
Yep. I actually managed to clean at least a little. I find it hard to stay on track. Oh well, I suppose the house will be clean when the kids move out. Best to enjoy it now!
Post a Comment