As most of you know, my husband is enlisted in the army, and we relocated to Fort Benning, Georgia back in December. I have a love/hate relationship with the army. I like the paycheck (kinda) but I detest the intrusion in our life and the complete loss of control.
Suffice it to say, it has been mildly traumatic. In one quick motion, I was ripped from everything I knew. I left behind my entire family, 20+ years of friends, memories, and my comfort zone. Does that sound overly dramatic? Well, it is. Then again, if you know me, I tend to be overly dramatic. Despite the vast amount of suckage, being back with my husband, and having my little family together again is a blessing.
Our transition here as not been an easy one. I suffered through my first Christmas in 26 years without my parents and siblings. We found out we were expecting a third child, and lost the pregnancy days later. This happened twice. Imagine that. Actually, dont. It’s not something I’d wish on anyone. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t get choked up by that at least once. As time goes on, it hurts a little less but regardless it’s there.
There have been good things that have happened while being here too, but it’s easier to focus on the negative I suppose. Part of that stems from the fact that we moved here at the worst possible time. Middle of winter; it did nothing but rain, drizzle, snow, rain, drizzle etc. That along with everything else, did not allow for a happy Sarah.
However, the sun is out and the flowers are blooming. There are cute squirrels and baby birds everywhere you look. So my mood, and my outlook is improving daily. We are back on the TTC wagon (TTC= trying to conceive for you that are not informed). I’m hopeful we’ll have another Baby B to add to our litter.
Oh! And with the sun, flowers, and birds, comes the bugs! All sorts of fun bugs. Bumblebee, honey bee, wasps, beetles, cockroaches, roly-poly, catepillars, worms, regular ants, fire ants (those are fun). All types of fun critters.
The humidity is nice. If you ever feel a need to wake up and immediately feel sweaty, like you’ve just stepped into a sauna, feel free to come visit. Did I mention it’s only May? This will get worse. Much worse I fear.
And where are all the Mexican restaurants? Back home, you couldn’t spit without hitting at least 3 mexican diners. I miss mexican food. :(
Oh, and post housing SUCKS. For reals. Beggars can’t be choosers as my mother would say.
All in all, things are looking up. I figure thing have already gotten as shitty as they could possibly get, so they’ve got to start looking up soon.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment