January 14, 2009

I am not....

making any resolutions this year.
I refuse.
I am no longer going to half heartedly try to achieve something that I should do anyway, just because it's the end of the damn calendar. Inevitably, it fails, and I feel guilty. I'm sick of feeling guilty. I have enough guilt and failures to last me a lifetime, so I'm refusing to add to that pile of steaming dung.
Try this on for size...if you want to change, fucking do it! On July 7th, April 13, or hell, just for shits & giggles..let's try May 24th.
I'm going to to start turning over a new leaf, all the time and at anytime. Whenever the need is realized. Not because I have to go out to Walmart and buy a new calendar.
Sure, there are lots of things I need to work on. Far from perfection am I...I will NOT put any pressure on myself this time. What will be, will be. I will fail, and then I will pick myself back up again, I always do. But I won't make myself feel bad for those slip-ups.
I think writing them out will put it in to focus, perhaps give me a place to come back and read them, give me the motivation when I'm lacking, to reinspire, and recharge. It might take the better part of a year, to be doing better all the way around, or maybe it won't. I'm giving myself a year on everything (except for the smoking, that gets 2 months) so if I still suck after a year, maybe then I'll feel like crap. But until then... here goes...
Sarah's personal to-do list:
1. Cut down on smoking ( I would like to wean myself down slowly)
2. Cleaner house ( I lack the motivation lately)
3. More healthy food ( means less soda, less processed foods, no sweets)
4. Drink more water.
5. Less fighting/bitching for no reason (Rob will appreciate this)
6. Stop. Think. Breathe. (read above)
7. Go to bed earlier. Get up earlier.
8. Make an effort to look/feel pretty everyday. ( Don't ask)
9. 30 minutes to pamper myself every week. ( I need this)
10. 1x a month, pamper myself..wax, pedi, something. ( I deserve this)
11. Date Nights
12. Read before bed ( Nightly)
13. Play with the kids more ( playdoh, crafts, games, etc)
14. More outings and activities.
15. Learn to drive the fucking jeep. ( Rob will appreciate this.)
16. STOP FEELING FUCKING GUILTY.
17. Watch the spending more.
18. Work on unfinished projects ( photos, baby books, etc.
19. Write in my journal.
20. Return calls. ( I'm horrible at this)
21. Let people know I care. ( call, letters, cards etc)
22. Take more naps/ relax.
23. Don't sweat the small shit.
24. Less cussing.
25. Be friggin' happy.

the
e
n
d
.
.
.

No comments:

Blog Archive